Side Effects Of Early Motherhood, Health Issues: Early motherhood may affect the course of a woman’s life in many ways. Early motherhood may effect by both mental and physical changes. There an also plenty of negative effects that can accompany early motherhood.
Here are some of the specifics health issues, side effects of early motherhood:
Mental Health Conditions Of Early Motherhood
- Early motherhood is more likely to experience mental health issues than older moms.
- Mood swings, anxiety, sadness, overwhelm, difficulty concentrating, difficulties eating, and difficulty sleeping are among symptoms that teenage mothers may experience as a result of delivery and early motherhood.
- Due to a lack of social support from the family, a young mother may have a serious emotional crisis, thoughts of harming herself or her baby, or suicide attempts are examples of side effects triggered by a severe emotional and mental breakdown.
- A woman may suffer more major postpartum depression symptoms after giving birth, such as trouble bonding with her baby, panic attacks, difficulty enjoying things she formerly loved, feelings of worthlessness, and so on.
Physical Health Condition Of Early Motherhood
- Early motherhood was related to the worst physical health of all women studied, even those who indulged in unprotected sex. While caring for their children, young mothers may ignore their physical health. They may also lack access to or knowledge about healthy meals and eating habits. They’re also more likely to be overweight or obese.
- Early motherhood can also lead to several health issues for both the mother and the newborn.
- Preeclampsia, anaemia, getting STDs (sexually transmitted diseases), preterm delivery, high blood pressure, and delivering a low birth weight or premature birth of the baby are some of the physical health conditions that are common in early motherhood.
- Early motherhood also raises the risk of medical concerns in the baby, including low birth weight, blindness, deafness, and respiratory issues.
Lack Of Financial Support
- A woman who does not get enough financial help from her family during her early motherhood faces a significant financial crisis. She has a lot of challenges managing her newborn baby’s necessities.
Social Obligations And A Bad Reputation In Society
- Due to her early motherhood, the teen mother’s entire social life is shattered, and she must spend the rest of her life in mental sorrow.
- In addition, a young mother may also exhibit certain socially inappropriate behavior. This is one of the most harmful effects of early motherhood.
Difficulty In Continuing Her Education
- Early motherhood makes it harder for them to continue their studies. According to research, as the number of pregnant teenagers rises, so does the number of students dropping out of school. Most young mothers find it difficult to keep up academically in such a scenario; in fact, they may never graduate because they are unable to cope with the academic courses.
- Finding a source of income proves tough due to academic failures, a lack of specific abilities, they are unqualified for any of the available employment.
- Due to the mother’s lack of skills and incapacity to grasp the child’s needs, children from early motherhood suffer from psychological deficiency and malnutrition.
Being a new mom isn’t easy, but being pregnant at a young age can be harmful in many aspects so it’s best to avoid early motherhood if you want to have a healthy life.