Natural Remedies to Get Rid of Mosquitoes Inside the House: To get rid of mosquitoes, people often use chemical-based repellents that can be harmful to one’s health. Instead of applying such mosquito repellent, why don’t you try some alternative home remedies?
There are lots of home remedies that have been proven to get rid of mosquitoes indoors. Most of these remedies work by using natural scents to repel mosquitoes while also emitting a good fragrance around the house.
Let’s try these natural remedies to get rid of mosquitoes inside the house without any chemicals:
The natural scent of Basil or Tulsi is claimed to work as a natural mosquito repellent. Tulsi plants should be planted around your home, with plants placed near each window and door. This plant repels mosquitoes by generating an unpleasant odour that they detest.
Installing mosquito netting on your entrance or windows to keep mosquitoes from entering your house is a popular option. A mosquito net may give your space a fresh, quirky look. You may be assured that they will not bother you at night, and you may never have to wake up in gladiator mode to fight mosquitoes again.
Garlic Water Spray
The best natural method for keeping mosquitoes at bay is to spray garlic water. Simply crush a few garlic cloves and boil them for a few minutes in water. They poured the solution into a spray bottle and sprayed it all around inside and outside of the house’s doors and windows, the pungent odour of the solution will undoubtedly deter mosquitoes.
This is a fantastic garlic substitute. Eucalyptus oil is an excellent alternative to garlic if you don’t want your house to smell like garlic. You may use it as a repellent by spraying it around your house by mixing it with your shampoo. Or You can boil a few eucalyptus leaves and strain the liquid into little containers to make this remedy at home.
Levender and Neem Oil
Purple in colour, the Lavender flower has a strong aroma. As Lavender contains the molecules linalool and linalyl acetate, which are the most effective remedy for mosquito repellents. To keep mosquitoes out of the house, you can place lavender plants in a container near a window or entrance which may keep mosquitoes at bay from your door and windows. Make a mixture of both oils and spray it all over the windows, doors, and dark corners of the house in the evening and early morning to keep them from entering.
Camphor is the most reliable cure for mosquito control. Simply ignite camphor in a confined room and keep it there for 20 minutes. You will not only have long-lasting natural mosquito repellents but you will also be shocked to see dead mosquitoes on the floor.
Get rid of open standing water
- Always keep in mind that mosquitoes lay their eggs in stagnant water. So, you should know how you get rid of mosquito larvae.
- It’s simple; remove any stagnant water sources and avoid them in the future.
- If you have pets, make sure to refill their food and water dishes regularly.
- Although daily human activities like inhaling CO2 or sweating tend to attract mosquitoes. But, don’t worry, you can solve the problem by following the tips in the sections below.
- Repair any holes or rips in the screens to prevent leakage.
- If air conditioning is available, use it instead of opening windows to remain cool.
- You should clear up any standing water in and around your residence premises. Empty, scrape, or throw buckets, baby pools, pots, garbage cans, and birdbaths because mosquitoes lay their eggs in standing water.