UPSC 2023 Civil Services Exam Details, Important Dates, Study Material: The Indian Civil Services Examination is India’s most challenging entrance exam, where fewer applicants crack. But as a result, it guarantees that there is a goal that everyone wants to aim for.
The higher civil services of the Government of India include the Indian Administrative Service (IAS), the Indian Foreign Service(IFS) and the Indian Police Service (IPS) which are recruited through a national competitive examination conducted by the Union Public Service Commission which is (UPSC) referred as UPSC examination or Civil Services Examination.
The UPSC exam is conducted in a total of three phases
- The first is the PRELIMINARY examination consisting of two objective-type papers, also known as the Civil Services Aptitude Test or CSAT
- General Studies Paper I
- General Studies Paper II
- The MAIN examination consists of nine papers of the conventional type, with two qualifying papers carrying only seven marks.
- PERSONALITY TEST (INTERVIEW).
A successful candidate appears in the exam for a total of 32 hours during the entire process of approximately one year.
Eligibility Criteria for UPSC 2023 Civil Services Exam
Candidates must carefully review and ensure their eligibility for the UPSC 2023 CSE.
Educational Qualification: The applicant must possess a graduate degree in any field from an accredited university, as required by law.
IAS Education Qualification
- Applicant must have a bachelor’s degree from an approved university in any of the following fields: BA, B.Com, B.Sc, BBA, BCA, B.Tech, etc.
- Candidates can also apply for the IAS exam while awaiting their graduation final year results.
- There is no prerequisite percentage for UPSC qualification.
IAS Age Eligibility Criteria
- Applicants of the General Category must be between the ages of 21 and 32 as of August 1, 2023, to meet the IAS age eligibility criteria.
- UPSC 2023 Age Eligibility Criteria for OBC candidates is a minimum age of 21 to 35.
- For SC/ST minimum age of 21 to 37 years
UPSC 2023 Age Relaxation
- 5 years for SC/ST
- 3 years for OBC
- 3 years for Defence Services Personnel
- 5 years for Ex-servicemen (Commissioned Officers and ECOs/SSCOs)
- 10 years for the Hearing problem, deaf, low vision, ex-servicemen, blindness, muscle deformity
Nationality for UPSC Exam 2023
- Citizen of India
- Citizens of Bhutan, Nepal as well as any Tibetan refugees who have arrived here before January 1, 1962
- Candid migrated from Vietnam, Zaire, Ethiopia, Tanzania, Malawi, Uganda, Kenya, Myanmar, Pakistan, and Sri Lanka.
UPSC 2023 Civil Services Examination Details and Important Dates
The UPSC 2023 Civil Services Exam will be held on 28 May. Below are the exact dates for this exam. As soon as UPSC releases information, we will update this page with more details like the release of exam admit cards, the schedule for the main exam, etc.
List of Important Exam Dates of UPSC 2023 Civil Services Examination
- UPSC CSE 2023 Notification Release Date is 1st February 2023
- The Deadline for UPSC CSE 2023 applications is 21 February 2023.
- The UPSC CSE 2023 Preliminary Exam will begin on 28 May 2023.
- The Civil Services Main Examination will begin on 15 September 2023.
If you wish to apply for the UPSC in 2023, go to the UPSC Official Website for the (February 1, 2023) Availability of the Application Form.